So we just had our biggest and best Halloween party bash and so I wanted to share with you some of my Halloween party ideas, especially my Halloween drink party ideas because this Graveside Drink Station was a HUGE hit and guess what? Follow my instructions and it glows when it gets dark! Totally creepy and tons of fun leaving all of the party goers wondering how we did it!
(click image above to send to full separate screen for close up) So we actually had 2 glowing fun things at our Graveside Halloween drink station – the skeleton jail and the drinks! Yes, all of the drinks were glowing thanks to some sharp thinking from my husband and some relatively inexpensive military grade glow sticks (sorry standard store glow sticks won’t work unless you use like 35 or 40 of them) We used 10 of these military grade glow sticks to make our graveside wheelbarrow glow and if you want even more glow affect use 20 here. (we used a 10 pack)
Directions Graveside Drink Station
- Line your wheelbarrow in black or clear plastic (unless your wheelbarrow is brand new) Trash bag is fine to use
- Crack glow sticks and place on top of your plastic
- Add bag ice
- Add drinks (I used Safeway brand drinks for my party. They were reasonably priced and taste great -no complaints from my crew!)
- Add additional bag of ice on top
Directions Glowing Grave
(we made ours in a sand pit we developed for the kids several years back. It was the easiest place in the yard to dig but if you don’t have a sand area really you only need to dig a whole about 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet and only deep enough for your red flood light to go in (so it’s really not a labor intensive project and takes very little time, plus, you’ll use the red flood light again at Christmas so it won’t be a purchase you’ll only use once a year)
- Dig your whole
- Use and extension cord and add your red flood light
- cover with old wood pallet (can be found at construction sites, dumpsters, Lowes etc)
- use cheap plastic skeleton hands for effect of “trying to get out of the grave” look
Note: We added in a few fake tombstones for effect and it was perfect! We also added the shovel sticking straight up into the ground to give the effect of freshly dug graves! Takes about 25 minutes total to complete this entire project once you have the supplies.